Deadline: 19 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Director of Budget & Programming will be responsible for overseeing the following functions: programming of operational resources, organizational budgeting and position funding, trust fund management, and management of financing mechanisms.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director of Budget & Programming will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide direction for, lead, and manage the resource allocation and budgetary functions of WFP. This includes, among others, programming and monitoring resource needs and resource allocations, management and administration of financing mechanisms and facilities, preparation and approval of the corporate triennial management (financial) plan, and providing relevant funding information to country offices and senior management.
- Ensure the coherence and transparency in the collation & compilation of funding
- Ensure transparency and accountability in the allocation of all resources.
- Ensure corporate awareness of funding availability and shortfalls.
- Set policies and strategies for mitigating and controlling resource allocation risks.
- Support WFP’s managers, at HQ, Regional & Country Office level, in all budgetary related matters.
- Provide coordination and guidance in relation to training for functional staff.
- Develop & deploy improved use of advanced financing and risk models, for resource allocations as part of the financial stability project.
- Work in partnership with Operations, Gender, and other functional areas to prepare the organizations Management (Financial) Plan.
- Ensure adequate consultation with Board Members, finance and related committees to ensure approval of plan.
- Provide secretarial support to the Strategic Resource Allocation Committee (SRAC).
- Work closely with the donor office in order to improve flexibility and predictability of donor funding.
- Manage the Division and its human, financial and other resources.
- Monitor implementation of oversight recommendations (Internal Audit, External Audit, Audit Committee, and UN Joint Inspection Unit).
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Certification from a recognized institute such as CA, ACCA, CPA is preferred At least 15 years of professional experience, with at least 5 years of experience in financial or programme management and leadership in a large international organization.
- Prior experience as a Controller or Chief Financial Officer of a large organization is desired.
- Professional experience dealing with senior governance structures is preferred.
- Experience in an operations-based organization is preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.