Deadline: 6 November 2015
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate based in New York, USA.
UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Associate will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of HR recording and reporting systems with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework; proper functioning of the HR case management system.
- Provision of advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, and change management processes.
- HR business processes mapping, and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Management and Operating procedures (SMOPs) in HR management.
- Record HR cases within the purview of HRM, ensuring categorization as per the existing service lines.
- Act as Case Manager for assigned cases, ensuring required formalities, clearances, and follow-ups are completed, to ensure satisfactory and efficient closing of the cases.
- Act as the Case Manager focal point for the assigned Regional or Central Bureaux.
- Escalates the case management to the subject matter expert, if necessary.
- Organization of recruitment processes including review of job description, job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates against the eligibility criteria. Provision of advice on recruitment for recruitment cases assigned to HRM.
- Review position information in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), requesting for necessary updates in line with post classification and budgeted level; timely follow up with Hiring Units in the selection and recruitment process flow.
- Monitoring and tracking all transactions related to recruitment.
- Preparation or review submissions to the CRB and CRP, as applicable.
- Administration of the Interim Roster following on New York CRB/CRP recommendations.
- Actively participate and contribute to the e-Recruit module development.
- Raise RPAs for new hires, reassignments, lateral moves, SPAs, contract extensions, separations, inter-agency exchanges, special leaves, etc. for clients, in compliance with the established policies and guidelines.
- Provides advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of HR rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes.
- Provides guidance to HR focal points on various stages of recruitment processes, staff rotation, reassignments, change management, separations, etc.
- Contributes to centralized recruitment and selection processes (review of job descriptions, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, longlisting, shortlisting) in line with corporate guidelines and policies and ensures timely implementation. Provides guidance on decentralized recruitment.
- Presents thoroughly researched information for preparation of reports; HR data gathering, compilation, analysis for presentation to the management, document management.
- Analyses information and drafts correspondence on HR-related matters.
- Ensures research, analysis and consultation of cases and CO requests for exceptions for the informed decision-making of the HR Partner.
- Contributes to the analysis and follow up on the GSS and PSS.
- Coordinates with the Office of Resource Management (OFRM), Management Unit, Case Management Unit and other Units on specific cases.
- Ensures regular monitoring of regional HR networks to highlight issues of common concerns.
- Ensures synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR. Dissemination of best practices.
- Consolidates the CO practical experience with policies and procedures for their further improvement.
- Identifies capacity/performance issues related to HR practitioners and recommend actions.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years of progressively responsible HR and operations experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.