Deadline: 4 November 2015
The European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Personal Assistant, based in London, UK.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Personal Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to the ExCom member; in addition to ad-hoc and personal assistance that may be required.
EBRD helps businesses flourish through financial investments, business services and involvement in high-level policy dialogue, promoting entrepreneurship and changing lives.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Personal Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Pro-active diary management for all ExCom member related activity, including all logistics for international travels (i.e. visas, meetings etc.)
- Organise briefing papers for all meetings and travel to ensure the ExCom member is fully briefed and prepared for all meetings
- Produce and maintain detailed expense reports for the ExCom member’s expenditure so all expenses can be tracked and accounted for
- Monitor and control of e-mail, screening and prioritising messages and replying on ExCom members behalf where appropriate to minimise the impact of email traffic on the ExCom member. Manage incoming phone calls, prioritising communications for the ExCom member’s attention or rerouting as necessary
- Ensure quality management, proof reading and checking documents requiring the ExCom members sign off
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the ExCom member as required
- Follow up on the ExCom member’s activities including delegation of tasks, monitoring deadlines, implementation and execution
- Maintain comprehensive filing in various electronic systems and hard copy archiving to ensure instant retrieval of documents
- Liaising with the Board of Directors, senior management and other departments regarding meetings and general Bank matters (for example Executive Committee, Operations Committee, Board & Institutional Affairs, Annual Meetings & Events Management)
- Travel with ExCom member where appropriate (e.g. to Annual Meetings) to ensure efficiency of all trip logistics
- Coaching, mentoring & guidance on procedure & processes to colleagues
- Advise on protocol in dealing with requests from Board members & external agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of information in and out of the ExCom member’s office & highly sensitive documents, meetings etc.
- Manage, co-ordinate and execute all administrative tasks (e.g. travel arrangements, filing, photocopying, drafting minutes, producing presentations etc.) to ensure the smooth & effective running of the office. React and respond to Ad hoc duties to assist with the general running of the ExCom members office as a whole
- Space/premises management within ExCom members area – high level involvement with project coordination
- Active involvement in hiring (interviewing and mentoring) other secretarial staff in the department;
- Apply & support the business continuity/disaster recovery when required.
- Event management, hiring of premises, coordination of departmental events.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Degree and/or equivalent business experience
- A recognised secretarial qualification would be useful, but is not essential
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of another language (e.g. Russian, German, French or Arabic) both written and spoken would be useful, but is not essential
- Proven track record in a senior level secretarial and/or administrative role is essential
- Good organisation skills, together with a proactive and flexible attitude to work is essential
- Excellent interpersonal manner; including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to build effective working relationships across departments and outside the organisation
- Conscientious and reliable with a professional helpful attitude
- Ability to exercise judgement on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent time keeper
- At least 55 wpm typing
- Intermediate/advanced computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as the ability to format large documents, charts and tables to publication quality is essential
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit EBRD.