Deadline: 11 October 2015
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications for the post of Programme Analyst, based in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical assistance and support the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of regional decent work programmes, sub regional decent work programmes and Decent Work Country Programmes (DWCPs) in the region.
- Provide support in preparing and organizing outcome-based workplan (OBW) reviews and in monitoring programme implementation to ensure conformity with the organization’s programme and budget objectives.
- Assist in the analysis of proposals and use of resources of the regular budget, the regular budget supplementary account (RBSA), programme support income (PSI) and other special resources to ensure compliance with ILO policy and programme priorities.
- Assess budget situations (regular budget and other related resources) and recommend programme allocation changes and changes in programme or project proposals.
- Provide programming support for the Office’s participation in initiatives of the United Nations; including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Delivering as One (DaO), the Regional Coordination Mechanism and other regional UN coordination processes in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Support the development of joint programmes within the United Nations system to promote the Decent Work Agenda, as part of the SDGs.
- Support resource mobilization for technical cooperation projects and programmes for the implementation of the regional decent work priorities, including mapping multilateral and bilateral donors.
- Ensure that gender-related aspects are taken into consideration in the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- Prepare analytical briefs, periodical reports and statistical data on the activities of the Office.
- Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree, or a first level degree and a recognised professional qualification, in economics, business or public administration, social science or other related field.
- Five years of professional experience in programme management at the national level, or three years at the international level.
- Excellent command of one ILO working language (French or English) and good knowledge of a second (French or English)
- Other skills-
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare high quality and technically sound reports.
- Good knowledge of financial practices and principles.
- Good knowledge of the programmes and operations of the Organization.
- Good knowledge of programme formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Ability to justify requirements and approaches to problem resolution.
- Ability to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to supervise staff.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.