Deadline: 17 January 2016
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Document Services Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Plan organize and supervise the work of the DCU, which is responsible for coordinating all aspects of workflow management, reference and terminology activities, including workflow and Computer-Assisted Translation and Terminology (CATT) tool development, usage and maintenance.
- Provide strategic advice to the Branch Chief concerning relevant aspects of the business process and propose new policies and guidelines as required.
- Coordinate document forecasting with author units upstream, on the basis of the ILO’s programme of meetings and in consultation with the Branch Chief and Heads of language units, establish timelines for submission of documents by author units.
- In close collaboration with the Heads of the language units, prepare workload forecasts and work schedules for the Branch in order to facilitate optimum use of resources and recruitment and assignment planning by language Unit Heads.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff in the DCU in relation to briefing author units on document service requirements and procedures.
- Propose revisions to the Document Services Policy whenever necessary.
- In collaboration with the secretariats concerned, coordinate the provision of document service support and the preparation of in-session and outcome documents at official ILO meetings.
- Oversee the preparation of trilingual guides for the workflow management system. Organize and conduct training programmes in English, French and Spanish.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in languages, administration, or some other relevant field.
- At least seven years of professional experience in multilingual document workflow management.
- Excellent command of English, French or Spanish and an in-depth knowledge of the other two official languages.
- A good knowledge of other working languages of the Organization (Russian, German, Chinese, and Arabic) would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.