Deadline: 17 January 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Senior Employment Policy Specialist will provide high-quality, timely, and integrated technical support to constituents in the design and implementation of employment and labour market policies.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Employment Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Analyze and review national development frameworks, poverty reduction strategies and institutional settings from the perspective of promoting inclusive job-rich growth and provide high-level advice to include an employment focus into these strategies.
- Advise countries regarding comprehensive employment policy formulation and revision, also within the context of post conflict and post crisis reconstruction needs.
- Provide technical assistance to countries in the region to analyze and make available gender and age disaggregated statistical data to measure decent work; and guide the preparation of reports based on the statistical data of the key labour and social trends in Arab States; contribute towards the global trends reports, and the biannual Key Indicators of Labour Markets.
- Conduct and lead policy advisory missions and capacity building initiatives with tripartite constituents including relevant ministries, bringing employment to the centre of economic and social policies and supporting the design and implementation of employment strategies and programmes within comprehensive employment policy frameworks.
- Provide high-value-added technical support at the analytical, policy and statistical levels for decent work country programming.
- Take the lead on the employment related parts in the Office’s response to crisis affected countries. This includes managing rapid assessments, participating in UN coordination on jobs and livelihoods, and developing relevant response programmes.
- Provide high-level substantive inputs for, and participate in, regional policy debates that will raise the visibility of the ILO in the region.
- Perform any other technical and coordination tasks assigned by the Director of the DWT.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in economics and/or development economics, with demonstrated expertise in labour economics and employment policy issues.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience, of which at least seven years at the international level, in labour market analysis and social and employment policy development.
- Experience in job creation programmes for displaced people would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and working knowledge of French or Spanish.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ILO.