Deadline: 17 January 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Risk Officer performs the following functions-
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of ERM policies, procedures and activities.
- Establishes and promotes common ERM-related vocabulary.
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of ERM implementation across the ILO and its alignment with the ERM strategy.
- Co-ordinates the development of the Office’s strategic risk registers.
- Monitors development and implementation of subsidiary risk registers across the ILO.
- Where necessary, provides technical support in respect of risk management and loss mitigation.
- Reviews and recommends action on significant risk-related issues, trends, practices and loss events that have organization-wide implications.
- Develops and coordinates ERM communication strategies and messages.
- Receives, analyzes and consolidates ERM implementation and outcome data.
- Regularly reports to the Risk Management Committee (RMC). As appropriate, recommends escalation of findings to the Senior Management Team.
- Develops and recommends policy in relation to all insurance lines (health, staff compensation, property, casualty, liability and special risk).
- Provides responsible business units with support in negotiating terms and conditions of insurance.
- Reviews contractual wordings related to insurance and liability.
- Under the auspices of the RMC, coordinates the placement within the insurance market of high value, non-standard or grouped risks.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures for business continuity management.
- Provides guidance to organizational units on the development and maintenance of business continuity plans.
- Maintains a register of all business continuity plans.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in business administration, finance or law or a first level degree supplemented by an appropriate equivalent professional qualification and at least two years of professional experience in addition to the minimum years required under the Experience section.
- Professional level business administration experience of 15 years of which five years must have been at the international level including extensive exposure to risk management and/or insurance.
- Excellent command of English or French.
- Good working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.