Deadline: 17 January 2016
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Risk Officer performs the following functions-
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of ERM policies, procedures and activities.
- Establishes and promotes common ERM-related vocabulary.
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of ERM implementation across the ILO and its alignment with the ERM strategy.
- Co-ordinates the development of the Office’s strategic risk registers.
- Monitors development and implementation of subsidiary risk registers across the ILO.
- Where necessary, provides technical support in respect of risk management and loss mitigation.
- Reviews and recommends action on significant risk-related issues, trends, practices and loss events that have organization-wide implications.
- Develops and coordinates ERM communication strategies and messages.
- Receives, analyzes and consolidates ERM implementation and outcome data.
- Regularly reports to the Risk Management Committee (RMC). As appropriate, recommends escalation of findings to the Senior Management Team.
- Develops and recommends policy in relation to all insurance lines (health, staff compensation, property, casualty, liability and special risk).
- Provides responsible business units with support in negotiating terms and conditions of insurance.
- Reviews contractual wordings related to insurance and liability.
- Under the auspices of the RMC, coordinates the placement within the insurance market of high value, non-standard or grouped risks.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures for business continuity management.
- Provides guidance to organizational units on the development and maintenance of business continuity plans.
- Maintains a register of all business continuity plans.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in business administration, finance or law or a first level degree supplemented by an appropriate equivalent professional qualification and at least two years of professional experience in addition to the minimum years required under the Experience section.
- Professional level business administration experience of 15 years of which five years must have been at the international level including extensive exposure to risk management and/or insurance.
- Excellent command of English or French.
- Good working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.