Deadline: 31 January 2016
International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Specialist, Employers’ Activities in San Jose, Costa Rica.
The Senior Specialist is to act as an interface between the ILO, EOs and the employer community in the sub-region concerned and to develop and maintain good working relations with them.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Specialist, Employers’ Activities will perform the following functions-
- Business representative organizations meet the needs of enterprises more effectively.
- Articulate the views of employers within the ILO so that their priorities and concerns are taken on board in the formulation and implementation of ILO policies and programmes and also to be able to communicate ILO policies and programmes to the employer community.
- Office-wide source of reference for information on key developments and challenges facing business representative organizations in the region and more generally.
- Designing and implementing the ILO’s entire programme of work with each business organization within his or her jurisdiction, whatever the source of funds or other units involved.
- Attention needs to be paid to the operating environment of each EO concerned and strategic thinking is essential.
- Plan states the problem to be solved, or objective to be achieved, the activity which should lead to the result envisaged and the indicators which would prove the extent to which the result has been achieved.
- Technical expertise can be resourced from both within the ILO and externally, depending on the task to be achieved, resources available and the availability of specific knowledge.
- Responsible for the implementation of the agreed work plan and progress is reported and reviewed in a monitoring exercise every quarter.
- Wider reporting is also needed on assessing the impact of the programme including information on cases where there have been difficulties encountered and lessons learned from both successful as well as problematic cases.
- Performance is assessed against the agreed work plan and result targets set as indicated above.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in economics, business administration, law, social science or related subject.
- At least ten years professional experience, with at least five years experience in senior management positions in employer organizations or other business organizations and/or comparable experience in HR/IR or technical cooperation management functions with practical experience of working with employer organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish and a good working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of a third official language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.