Deadline: 31 March 2016
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Specialist, Environment and Decent Work will perform the following functions-
- Monitor, analyze and assess trends in the impact on enterprises and labour markets of international and national climate change and environmental policies in order to assist in the development of coherent policy responses that promote sustainable development and the creation of productive decent jobs.
- Develop policies, programmes and tools on Green Jobs for application at the national level and sub-regional level as well as for input into Green Jobs global products and in keeping with relevant Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Develop and organize tripartite fora on Environment and Decent Work at regional and country level with the participation of multiple stakeholders.
- Work in close cooperation and coordination with other technical specialists of relevance in all sectors and field specialists and promote a coherent approach on policies and programmes in the area of competence.
- Facilitate the development of cooperation programmes with the social partners including the development of Public Private Partnerships and other forms of collaboration programmes with the international business community.
- Work closely with other UN agencies of relevance with a view to enhancing collaboration and the development of strategic partnerships in the area of competence.
- Work closely with regional technical and financial institutions in the area of the environment and decent work with a view to enhancing collaboration, accessing resources and developing joint approaches and programs.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree with demonstrated expertise in economics, business management, natural resource or environmental management or related discipline with specialization in issues pertaining to sustainable development and decent work.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience of which at least seven years at the international level, in matters related to the field of Decent Work and Environment (Green Jobs) and sustainable development.
- Experience with international organizations will be an advantage.
- Excellent command on English.
- Proficiency in either of the other working languages of the ILO (French, Spanish) would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ILO.