Deadline: 31 March 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Specialist, Environment and Decent Work will perform the following functions-
- Monitor, analyze and assess trends in the impact on enterprises and labour markets of international and national climate change and environmental policies in order to assist in the development of coherent policy responses that promote sustainable development and the creation of productive decent jobs.
- Develop policies, programmes and tools on Green Jobs for application at the national level and sub-regional level as well as for input into Green Jobs global products and in keeping with relevant Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Develop and organize tripartite fora on Environment and Decent Work at regional and country level with the participation of multiple stakeholders.
- Work in close cooperation and coordination with other technical specialists of relevance in all sectors and field specialists and promote a coherent approach on policies and programmes in the area of competence.
- Facilitate the development of cooperation programmes with the social partners including the development of Public Private Partnerships and other forms of collaboration programmes with the international business community.
- Work closely with other UN agencies of relevance with a view to enhancing collaboration and the development of strategic partnerships in the area of competence.
- Work closely with regional technical and financial institutions in the area of the environment and decent work with a view to enhancing collaboration, accessing resources and developing joint approaches and programs.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree with demonstrated expertise in economics, business management, natural resource or environmental management or related discipline with specialization in issues pertaining to sustainable development and decent work.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience of which at least seven years at the international level, in matters related to the field of Decent Work and Environment (Green Jobs) and sustainable development.
- Experience with international organizations will be an advantage.
- Excellent command on English.
- Proficiency in either of the other working languages of the ILO (French, Spanish) would be an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.