Deadline: 14 January 2016
International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Skills Development Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration for the post is of 1 year.
The Skills Development Specialist will manage the activities of result areas 1 and 2 and will work under the direct supervision of CTA, Skills 21 Project, under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director, ILO Dhaka.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Skills Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide supervision to national staff, local consultants, and international consultants on short term collaboration contracts, of Components 1 and 2 of the Project, and ensure well-coordinated delivery of both Components’ activities through effective and efficient planning and coordination.
- In collaboration with the CTA, lead the development of the National Qualification Framework (NQF) for Bangladesh that will support the development and maintenance of pathways and equivalencies which provide access to qualifications and assist people to move easily between academic and skills streams and from education and training to the labour market.
- Ensure the establishment of the system for comparability and mutual recognition of qualifications with other countries.
- Facilitate the consolidation of the resources of existing institutions and upgrading of their facilities in view of establishment of a National Centre of Excellence in Skills Education (NCESE).
- Provide technical assistance in the development and eventual approval of Competency Standards, Qualification Accreditation Documents, Competency-based curricula, Learning materials and assessment tools for occupations identified in demand in the local market.
- Ensure the development of a system to sustain the training, assessment and certification of Trainers, Assessors and Training Managers in the identified industry sectors.
- Manage the establishment of mutual recognition agreements (MRA) with EU Member States on comparability of trainers and assessors competencies.
- Responsible for the establishment of the Instructional Materials Development Centre (IMDC) within the NCESE including capacity for accessing materials on-line and distance learning programmes operating.
- Develop a system of expanding strategic partnerships with key international networks in TVET like BIBB (Germany), other European TVET organizations such as EFT, CEDEFOP, EfVET, and related networks in other countries.
Applicants must have-
- At least advanced degree in the field of education and training, or development management.
- At least seven years of work experience, of which at least three years at the international level, in senior management positions at major national education and skills development agencies or ministries.
- International working experience on reforming TVET, in particular on the development of qualification frameworks, enhancement of skills quality assurance systems, and on establishment of comparability / mutual recognition arrangements.
- Experience in developing teaching, learning materials for TVET institutions.
- Experiences in training teachers and instructors of TVET institutions.
- Experience in managing teacher training institutions.
- Previous work experience in developing countries in TVET sector.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of a second ILO language is desired.
- Knowledge of the local language – Bengali would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.