Deadline: 10 April 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advocacy Manager in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is about 1 to 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Advocacy Manager will be responsible for equipping national level sector specialists and WVL Senior Management team to advocate for children, according to World Vision Lanka’s( WVL) advocacy plan, including: Key advocacy issues, analysis of effective advocacy methods for Sri Lanka’s context, policy analysis, WVL’s position analysis and campaigning.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advocacy Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Develop and implement WVL’s advocacy plan.
- Be the focal point for reporting on advocacy initiatives to the Global and Regional Centers.
- Provide leadership on engagement with key policy makers, partners and audiences to enhance World Vision’s credibility and influence change of policy and practice.
- Provide active engagement with strategic coalitions/partners and of briefings for senior leadership.
- Support contextualization & integration of advocacy within the projects in areas of operation.
- Liaise with the region/partnership on strategic alignment and implementation.
- Build capacity for response within national context.
- Demonstrate and promote a passion for transformational development and advocacy.
- Follow organizational core values and policies.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Degree, preferably with a Master’s in Development Studies, Law, Economics, Communications, Psychology, Social Work or a related field.
- Proven track record of accomplishments in working to empower community members and engaging with knowledgeable policy-makers on complex issues related to children and development.
- Demonstrated understanding of governance and public policy process.
- Strong persuasiveness tempered with sensitivity in pressurized situations.
- Demonstrated passion for advocacy on behalf of child well-being, combined with experience in strategy, research, and management and positioning.
- Familiarity with coalition work, with significant experience of working within multi-agency forums.
- Articulate in English and Sinhala/Tamil languages including public speaking, presentations, media interviews and high level meetings.
- Ability to provide policy analysis, academic articles and engages in programmatic discussions effectively.
- Fully understanding and embracing World Vision’s values, and committed to bringing about changes that will improve the lives of children.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WVI.