Deadline: 21 April 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advocacy Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Advocacy Officer will be responsible for raising public awareness and promoting multi-stakeholder policy dialogue to improve international policies in the areas of FAO’s mandate.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Program Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Processes, coordinates arrangements, and delivers services.
- Researches and analyses advocacy-related policy and service delivery issues, and prepares related reports.
- Contribute to the development of information and training materials and coordinates and assists in the presentation of Information/ training sessions for management and staff.
- Provide information and advice to management and staff.
- Participate in project teams and work groups. Contribute to monitoring and reporting the implementation of OPCA advocacy initiatives at global and regional levels.
- Assist in the implementation of advocacy initiatives, , including information sharing mechanisms and database activities, capacity support to governments, parliaments and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in these fields.
- Support the harmonization of data collection in the Family Farming Knowledge Platform.
- Assist in the formulation of analysis on family farming in order to mainstream family farming in the international policy
- Support demand driven information systems and advocacy activities to allow multi-stakeholder engagement in family farming.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in agricultural sciences, social sciences, or any field related to FAO’s mandate.
- Three years of relevant experience in advocacy activities related to family farming, rural development or other areas relevant to FAO’s mandate.
- Extent and relevance of experience in planning and monitoring advocacy activities and reviewing policy, institutional and/or legal frameworks for family farming in a wide range of cultural and development contexts as well as in monitoring related systems.
- Knowledge of family farming policies and approaches.
- Extent and relevance of experience in developing advocacy activities and establishing partnerships and networks with relevant partners, (civil society organizations, academia and research centre’s, intergovernmental bodies, parliaments) for the promotion of family farming.
- Quality of both oral and written communications skills and ability to write and/or edit technical documents clearly and concisely in English is considered a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese,
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.