Deadline: 22 March 2016
Save the Children works to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager will perform the following functions-
- Identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities.
- Innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow out portfolio effectively.
- Write sections of proposals that speak to overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of technical advisors, Operations, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets.
- Recognizing that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Skills in Social Sciences, Development area with a relevant Masters’ Degree.
- Recommended 8 years’ experience in both an emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in at least 2 priority sectors of Save the Children: education, protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
- Proven track record in producing winning bids and proposals for Institutional donors, corporate and others.
- Proven ability to design high quality programs.
- Experience in both development and complex emergencies preferred.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter including their salary expectations for this role in English, as a single document, through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.