Deadline: 17 January 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Coordinator leads the Green Jobs Unit in the coordination of the Office-wide Green Jobs Programme.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Coordinator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Lead the Green Jobs Unit in the Enterprises Department and serve as facilitator for the Office-wide ILO Global Programme on Green Jobs, including guidance on conceptual and strategy development, communication between participating units and staff members at headquarters and in the field, coordination of implementation, knowledge sharing, representation of the Programme and reporting to senior management and the Governing Body.
- Acting as the focal point for Office-wide programmes and initiatives on Green Jobs – both at headquarters, in the regions and by ITC Turin – and providing guidance, enhancing coherence and improving the effectiveness of ILO’s Green Jobs programme as a whole.
- Coordinate the review, analysis and articulation of existing policy advice, action programmes and instruments relevant for the promotion of Green Jobs as part of the Decent Work agenda, in particular by supporting constituents in applying the 2015 Policy Guidelines for a Just Transition.
- Develop, design and roll out related programmes to strengthen the capacity of constituents for the promotion of Green Jobs.
- Review and promote national institutional frameworks conducive to the effective promotion of Green Jobs and integrate Green Jobs strategies into national climate change response policies, broader sustainable development frameworks, employment and social protection policies, sustainable enterprise development strategies, skills upgrading and sector development strategies.
- Prepare ILO reports and formulate recommendations and guidelines for discussion by the constituents, and contribute to strategic reviews and technical meetings.
- Initiate, supervise and coordinate research pertaining to the promotion of Green Jobs and to Decent Work and environmental sustainability carried out by technical officers and external collaborators.
- Undertake other responsibilities as required within the Department and the ILO Policy Portfolio.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree with demonstrated expertise in economics, business management, natural resource or environmental management or related discipline with demonstrated expertise in issues pertaining to sustainable development and decent work.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience of which at least seven years at the international level in the area of climate change, environment, sustainable development policies, employment policies and/or enterprise promotion.
- Experience as a manager and leader of a team of development professionals.
- Experience in the formulation, negotiation, implementation and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes.
- A track record of resource mobilization and building and sustaining effective partnerships across relevant technical fields.
- Excellent command of one working language of the Organization and a good working knowledge of at least one additional working language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ILO.