The FHI 360 is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Skills Development Advisor II based in Washington DC, USA.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Skills Development Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Develop strategies to increase learning and skills building for employment, citizenship, leadership and healthy behaviors to prepare young people for transition into adulthood including
- Ensure that skills development and leadership activities are accessible to young women.
- Promote age-appropriate learning opportunities based on developmental phases of different age groups.
- Provide technical leadership in community engagement and leadership opportunities for youth.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, and implementation; and capacity-building in quality technical, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship skills training.
- Ensure that project strategies and activities addressing youth are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally recognized best practices; including Youth in Development Policy.
- Develop and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, youth-serving organizations, and other NGOs.
- Assist with business development efforts including participating in capture efforts and writing proposal sections.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in education, business, or other relevant field.
- 8+ years of experience in workforce development with an emphasis on youth development activities.
- Excellent track record of achieving results in similar types of skill development activities.
- Demonstrated high-level technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in delivering training to diverse audiences with varying levels of education.
- Strong critical thinking and technical writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and multi-cultural skills coupled with strong public speaking abilities.
- Experience in projects promoting livelihood interventions and youth employment with a focus on food-based economies highly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of vocational training opportunities in various developing country contexts.
- Understanding of child labor issues, including youth employment.
- Experience with USAID or other USG funding highly desired.
- Experience working with relevant government agencies, civil society organizations, employers, and unions.
- Must have strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of adolescent development and best practices to promote positive youth development.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit FHI 360.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.