Deadline: 22 October 2015
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Chief Education will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the preparation of the relevant components of the Situation Analysis and its periodic update.
- Prepare sectoral inputs for the Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP) and all relevant documents (Project Plans of Action, Country Programme Summary Sheet (CPSS), and Programme Summary Sheet (PSS) for projects/programme. Support the formulation of agency-specific contributions to the development of the Common Country Assessment (CCA) and UN Development Assistance Framework.
- Participate in the formulation and development of program goals, strategies and approaches for the UNICEF Plan of Cooperation ensuring they contribute towards the overall goals and outcomes of the UNDAF.
- Ensure timely formulation of quality Annual Work Plans aligning them to the Work Plans of the counterparts and their regular review mid and end year. Implement and monitor assigned activity in collaboration with Government and civil society partners.
- Undertake Field visits and surveys to monitor and evaluate implementation of undertaken activities, identify problems and propose remedial action. Identify alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve program delivery capacity building and measures for institutional strengthening.
- Develop work plans for the sector and monitor compliance to ensure objective and targets are met and achieved. Guide and supervise professional and support staff, ensure their training needs are met and provide on-the-job training.
- Coordinate with Operations/supplies staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities. Oversee the regular monitoring of all programme funds, including the utilization and timely reporting on donor contributions for regular and emergency activities and the end-use of supplies.
- Approve disbursement of funds related to BEGE section ensuring proper liquidation and accountability and that activities are within established Plans of Action and programme budget allotments.
- Provide guidance on integrating emergency concerns, risks, early warning strategies, preparedness and response during all key programme planning exercises (AWP, AMP, CCA, UNDAF, CPD, MTR).
- Provide guidance on capacity building in EPR planning and on operationalisation of preparedness activities for both UNICEF and key partners, in line with CCCs and humanitarian reform accountabilities. Provide leadership in timely development and operationalization of EPRPs as well as crises program response plans when required, in line with CCCs and humanitarian reform accountabilities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in the combination of the selective disciplines relevant to Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance.
- A first University Degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of Advanced University Degree.
- Ten years of professional work experience at national and international levels in field programmes relevant to Education programmes, programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation in related fields.
- Current knowledge of development principles and innovations in the field of Education such as Child Friendly Schools, School fee Abolition and understanding of public policy dialogue in the education.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English and other UN working language as required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is very desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.