ChildFund International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection and Advocacy Advisor in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
The Child Protection and Advocacy Advisor will lead and support process to expand and improve the quality of child protection and corresponding youth centered advocacy efforts so as to prevent and mitigate the irregular migration of children.
ChildFund International exists to help deprived, excluded and vulnerable children have the capacity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection and Advocacy Advisor will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure all activities support the initiative to expand and improve the quality of the advocacy interventions of the project dealing with the child protection and violence issues of irregular migration.
- Keep abreast of programming and technical requirements for child protection and violence prevention programs.
- Develop relevant, effective and high-impact advocacy programming standards and guidelines; communicating such to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that initiatives are designed within the context of the child, family and community wellbeing and achievement of rights.
- Assure effective youth agency within the project and being sensitive to gender considerations.
- Develop regional and national partnerships with partners, like-minded organizations, and community agencies.
- Maintain and strengthen collaboration with practitioner agencies and academic institutions.
- Represent ChildFund Alliance to external entities, including other PVOs, public donors, and international organizations.
- Serve as resource person in the development of additional grant activities.
- Build Country staff and other stakeholders capacities in child protection, youth agency, and advocacy.
- Assist in the identification and selection of consultants or partnerships needed for project support in the field.
- Development of strategies, methods and tools to enhance skills of stakeholder to carry on processes and programs.
- Perform regular skills and educational needs assessment at the different levels, offering technical training programs to build necessary capacity.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced degree in related social science or equivalent with at least 5 years of related experience with NGOs, program management and institutional development.
- Deep experience in several child protection and violence presentation areas.
- Proven advocacy experience and achievements utilizing approaches that promote youth advocacy.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in utilizing linkages with NGOs, Universities, Advisory Groups etc.
- Ability to identify appropriate resources, including human resources, to achieve results and to prioritize resource allocation given time and financial constraints.
- Sound training, facilitation and communication skills, motivation for learning, share experiences, and keep updated with the new trends in the field of expertise and with technology.
- Effective skills in cross cultural communication and the ability to clearly articulate expectations. Readiness and ability to analyze understand and take into account different cultural contexts and concepts of health.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ChildFund.