Deadline: 6 April 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Coordinator in Amman, Jordan.
The Child Protection Coordinator will have overall responsibility for the management of day-to-day activities of this component of the project which involves training of teachers, social workers, and care givers in Child Protection.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the implementation of the Child Protection and Child Participation component of the JPF III Project by ensuring that all inputs are coordinated and project activities are of technical quality.
- Effectively liaise and collaborate with the JPF Project Manager, sector managers, specialists and coordinators at WVJ and seek guidance and support required for harmonized, effective and efficient coordination of all the child participation activities in the project.
- Support the implementation of the daily or weekly activities and conduct various field visits to the different areas of operations to monitor and supervise the progress of the work periodically.
- Encourage and ensure the participation of all groups of children, especially children who are the most vulnerable in all Child Led activities.
- Ensure all activities and outputs are achieved in a timely manner, as outlined in the project timeline; keep track of timelines, outstanding tasks, and upcoming activities; identify early warning signs and develop appropriate responses.
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of supply and procurement requirements in line with WV’s internal procurement, logistic, financial and other policy and administrative processes as well as donor guidelines.
Applicants must have-
- BA/S or equivalent in social science, management, international development, or other relevant field.
- MA/S in law, international relations, human rights or other relevant field preferred but not necessary.
- Post graduate education training is an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive experience and proven high level of competence in working in child protection and child participation related programs, ideally in relief and/or post-conflict settings in reputable institution, national or international NGO.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Good interpersonal skills, cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina.
- Flexibility to work, ability and willing to travel to the area of operation on a regular basis to meet the project requirements.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, positive attitude and with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (both oral and written).
- Nationality of Jordan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.