The World Resource Institute (WRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Analyst, Sustainable Transport, based in Beijing, China.
The WRI is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Research Analyst, Sustainable Transport will perform the following functions-
- Conduct desktop research on sustainable transportation policies, and deliver on-the-ground projects in pilot cities.
- Track and survey state-of-the-practice policies on sustainable urban development/transport and explore the applicability to different Chinese cities.
- Participate in the scoping of project and policy research opportunities.
- Develop practical policy tools and guidelines on sustainable urban development/transport for municipal and national governments.
- Coordinate with and manage global and local experts throughout the delivery of pilot projects.
- Liaise with implementation partners and maintain communications with local technical teams on a regular basis, schedule and set up policy dialogue meetings, take/circulate meeting minutes, and track follow-ups, as necessary.
- Help organize external events, workshops, conferences, and other project dissemination or capacity building activities.
- Assist in grant management and project management work as needed,
- Assist in fundraising activities and donor reporting, as needed.
- Assist in other ongoing projects, as needed.
- Produce, proofread, and edit research reports and papers in both English and Chinese and coordinate the publication process.
- Support other activities as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Master degree in urban planning, economics, and public policies. PhD degree is a plus.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in urban planning, transport planning, transport economics and public policies; on-the-ground urban planning project experiences would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with social-economic analysis and policy studies.
- Strong research and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong academic ethic.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and ArcGIS.
- Fluency in oral and written Chinese and English, and outstanding inter-personal skills.
- Strong team spirits, and ability to handle multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and to concentrate on field work as needed.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit WRI.