Deadline: 6 November 2015
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Event Coordination Specialist based in New York, USA.
UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Event Coordination Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Organize and execute the logistical requirements for a successful Summit.
- Liaise with the designated Event Management company to ensure the organization of a successful Summit while maintaining the multi-stakeholder nature of the process.
- Coordinate and convene relevant partners, preparing agendas, identifying participants and supervising the administrative and logistics tasks related to Summit preparations.
- Coordinate with other relevant UN staff to address protocol, logistical, security and other requirements for the event.
- Support the Special Event Coordinator in all aspects related to event preparations.
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms to facilitate collaboration and exchange of information both in and outside the UN system, for purposes of planning and organizing the Summit.
- Work closely with the Communications team on key messages on the expectations of the WHS for internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with other WHS secretariat units and OCHA to ensure various workstreams are well reflected in preparations for the event.
- Prepare detailed annexes related to the event and contribute to finalizing the Host Country Agreement between the United Nations and the Government of Turkey.
- Support the mobilization of in-kind and financial contributions from various stakeholders including, governments, private sector and non-governmental partners, in support of the event.
- Prepare for and execute a number of planning missions to Istanbul with key UN secretariat focal points to finalize preparations for the Summit.
- Be prepared to set-up base in Istanbul a number of weeks before the Summit to ensure close supervision of preparations for the Summit.
- Performs other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Event Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations or related field.
- University degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national and international level including experience in organising international large scale conferences.
- Excellent managerial/organisation skills and a solution-oriented attitude.
- A strong sense of client orientation and a strong drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a multicultural team.
- Good command of information and communication technology.
- Prior experience with the UN system would be an asset.
- Prior experience working in Turkey would be an asset.
- Previous experience in organizing international conferences and supporting the coordination of numerous stakeholder groups.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Turkish language skills constitute an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.