Deadline: 29 March 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Coordinator in Hudeidah, Yemen. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Plan and coordinate the full implementation of the FAO components of the three-year EU-funded ERRY joint programme.
- which gathers UNDP (Convening Agency), FAO, WFP and ILO with a major focus on agriculture and livestock value chains targeting four Governorates in the northern and southern parts of the country.
- Lead the development and devise appropriate strategies and approaches to ensure optimum use of available resources thereby enhancing the impact of programme activities.
- Coordinate the development and timely preparation of detailed work plans and budgets for all programme activities and ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Supervise and manage multidisciplinary teams of professional and administrative staff at central and sub national levels (FAO will be in charge of coordinating the work of all agencies for the northern governorates.
- Facilitate the achievement of joint programme results by timely monitoring of the progress of programme implementation and ensure on-going monitoring and annual reviews of work plans in coordination with the Convening Agency.
- Coordinate the production, submission and dissemination of annual and other required periodical reports and consolidated results of the Programme in accordance with the joint programme document, PAGODA Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding between the Administrative Agent and the Convening Agency and Participating UN agencies.
- Develop and periodically review the programmer’s M&E plan and report or update on risks management related matters.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, rural economy or related fields.
- Ten years of relevant experience in the identification, formulation, implementation and monitoring of programmes/projects in the fields of rural livelihoods, resilience, sustainable value chains, and farmers field schools and water management.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential.
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme management in the fields of rural livelihoods, resilience, sustainable value chains, farmer field schools and water management.
- Knowledge of and/or extent and relevance of experience with the UN system is considered a strong asset.
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting, advising and leading institutional capacity building processes.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple UN, NGOs and, government institutions and agencies.
- Extent and relevance of experience in crisis or post conflict settings.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish or Russian).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.