Deadline: 22 October 2015
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Database Assistant based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Database Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Create basic database structure for all activities delivered by the programme (Explosive Ordnance Disposal Call out, Support to Disarmament, Physical Security and Stockpile Management and Armed Violence Reduction, Trainings).
- Implement any software required (including a geographic information system) for accessing and handling data appropriately.
- Data management and processing.
- Data cleansing, integration and quality control.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of formats (e.g: Production of maps on activities done in the field).
- Undertaking of other duties, as may be assigned by the Program Manager or Program Officer.
Applicants must have-
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Alternatively, a combination of a first University Degree (Bachelor’s) and 1 year of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in statistics, computer science (database development and management), information technology, engineering or other related technical disciplines.
- Experience in data access, analysis and data visualization methodologies.
- Experience using Statistical packages.
- Experience using geospatial data processing tools.
- Fluent in French and intermediate English language skills.
- Database knowledge is required (e.g. Access, sql server, mysql).
- Geographic Information System knowledge will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.