Deadline: 9 February 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Market Research Specialist performs the following functions-
- Leads the project management of ad-hoc and tracking consumer research; develop terms of reference, questionnaires and topic guides to meet business needs, select research agencies and manage relationship with agency and PFP clients.
- Identify opportunities for income generation by guiding day-to-day decisions and contribute to strategic planning and JSPs through the provision of MK data and analysis to PFP teams.
- Ensures market knowledge insights are deployed by driving knowledge sharing; develop and run workshops, seminars, presentations and reports on best practices, consumer and communication insights for PFP, Netcom/CO colleagues and partners.
- Designs research plans to answer business questions and recommend appropriate methodologies in response to addressing issues identified by the Chief of Market Knowledge and PFP teams; provide input on the public’s attitude and behavior for both the PFP Strategy and Joint Strategic Planning Process.
- Carries out desk research on existing data for use in research and in the preparation of strategies, conducts necessary additional analysis or desk research using appropriate tools and best practice, connect the dots and identify insights.
- Develops the MK department by bringing in latest research techniques and applications.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in social sciences.
- Specialization or course work in quantitative / qualitative research, marketing, statistics or psychology is an asset.
- A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience at the international level in the private sector including multi-country research.
- Knowledge and experience of various global markets as well as consumer products and brand research required.
- Knowledge and experience of market research software applications such as SPSS, survey programming or equivalent.
- Experience of working in humanitarian/development organizations an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of French and other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.