Abt Associates is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist / Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor in Jordan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Technical Specialist / Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will be responsible for designing the project’s monitoring, evaluation, research and learning plan.
Abt’s mission is to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist / Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Develop the project’s performance monitoring plan (PMP) according to USAID standards, and implement on-going project monitoring and data collection activities related to the PMP. Revise PMP as needed throughout project.
- Design and implement project evaluation and research plan to include any needed formative research to inform activity design, research to pilot new approaches, and evaluations (process and/or impact).
- Lead data collection, analysis, and reporting for ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and research according to PMP and research plan.
- Support the procurement process for outside research firms/vendors and provide day-to-day management of research firms/vendors hired for monitoring, evaluation, and research activities.
- Prepare required USAID project reporting for annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other project documents as needed.
- Support the compliance process of the Institutional Review Board at Abt Associates and in Jordan for evaluation activities conducted with human subjects.
- Develop learning plan to disseminate research, monitoring, and evaluation results internally and externally.
- Internal learning activities will include:
- Working closely with project technical specialists and program management staff (including COP and DCOP) to ensure appropriate and adequate monitoring, evaluation, and research efforts are in place to provide each team with data needed to inform their program design and implementation decisions.
- Building capacity of project staff to use monitoring, evaluation, and research data to assist in project implementation.
- External learning activities will include: Presenting M&E and research findings in written reports and at relevant local and international conferences and meetings.
- Supervise the HMIS Specialist and the Research Specialist.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable), in Medicine, Public Health, Demography, Economics, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- At least fifteen (15) years of professional experience designing and implementing research, monitoring, and evaluation activities for complex international development programs.
- (15+) years of experience with a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in M&E of health systems strengthening and service delivery preferred.
- Significant experience in an M&E role at donor-funded (USAID preferred) public health or international development programs.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Proven experience in research/study design and implementation, including the design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Experience in designing and implementing rapid cycle evaluations and/or randomized controlled trials (RCTs) preferred.
- Ability to communicate program data and results to a variety of stakeholders, including program management staff, donors, and researchers.
- Experience in capacity building, training, and supportive supervision.
- Proficiency with statistical software packages used for data analysis, such as SPSS, STATA, and Epic Info.
- Advanced written and oral skills in both Arabic and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Abt.