Deadline: 7 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar.
The Communication for Development Specialist will be responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the YCSD component of the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- In collaboration with partners, the Communication for Development Specialist organizes and manages the formative research, development, pre-testing and production of culturally relevant communication materials to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery, including facilitating behavior change, where necessary.
- Support the UNICEF global communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary country specific and local community materials.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and appropriateness of communication materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to local communities, government officials, other partners and the press.
- Develop partnerships with various religious groups, traditional leaders, teachers, artists and other organized groups in the community, as well as civil society organizations, to orient them on country programme goals and to solicit their involvement in the implementation of the country programme.
- Promote a better understanding of children’s and women’s issues by assisting in or managing a country level behavior change and social mobilization strategy supportive of effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Promote and influences behavior development/change at individual/ household levels, social mobilization of civil society organizations and increased community participation in development programmes.
- Develop training materials and activities to build capacity in participatory and behavior change communication for personnel who are involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programme communication intervention, in support of programme sustainability.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in the social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- A First University degree with relevant years of work experience may be exceptionally accepted.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English and the local working language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.