Deadline: 16 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Amman, Jordan.
The Communication Specialist will be accountable for the digital media activities in the Regional Office and encompasses.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work with various teams within the communication department and wider UNICEF team to guide appropriate input on social networking initiatives and strategies.
- Serve as content coordinator for UNICEF’s social media sites including Google +, Twitter and Face book (and other platforms as needed) by working closely with the web developer, technical advisors and other personnel at regional and country levels.
- Oversee work of web developer to ensure that all social networking strategies are compliant with brand regulations.
- Coordinate integration of efforts among external partners (advertising, media and digital agencies).
- Work to ensure consistency across different platforms at regional and country levels.
- Provide technical guidance and capacity building to ensure regional office and country teams are current in their understanding and application of new emerging technologies in the field of audio-visual productions.
- Help create training materials and guidelines, as necessary and lead training activities for media materials production.
Applicants must have-
- BA Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.
- Certification in any of the following programmes; Adobe professional, final cut Adobe Aftereffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Premiere Pro, Apple FinalCutPro X, Motion, Compressor, Aperture, Logic Pro X and Cinema4D.
- At least seven years of experience in audio-visual productions in the MENA region.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.