Deadline: 16 April 2016
The Communication Specialist will be accountable for the digital media activities in the Regional Office and encompasses.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work with various teams within the communication department and wider UNICEF team to guide appropriate input on social networking initiatives and strategies.
- Serve as content coordinator for UNICEF’s social media sites including Google +, Twitter and Face book (and other platforms as needed) by working closely with the web developer, technical advisors and other personnel at regional and country levels.
- Oversee work of web developer to ensure that all social networking strategies are compliant with brand regulations.
- Coordinate integration of efforts among external partners (advertising, media and digital agencies).
- Work to ensure consistency across different platforms at regional and country levels.
- Provide technical guidance and capacity building to ensure regional office and country teams are current in their understanding and application of new emerging technologies in the field of audio-visual productions.
- Help create training materials and guidelines, as necessary and lead training activities for media materials production.
Applicants must have-
- BA Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.
- Certification in any of the following programmes; Adobe professional, final cut Adobe Aftereffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Premiere Pro, Apple FinalCutPro X, Motion, Compressor, Aperture, Logic Pro X and Cinema4D.
- At least seven years of experience in audio-visual productions in the MENA region.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.