Deadline: 31 March 2016
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Content and Communications Assistant in United Kingdom.
The Content and Communications Assistant will work in marketing team and support the production of thought leadership content that profiles OPM as an expert voice in the international development sector.
OPM is committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Content and Communications Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Assistant to coordinate marketing support and services.
- Joint management of the Communications inbox.
- Manage relationships with suppliers for copyediting, formatting and translation, design and printing, including developing supplier list, trialing new suppliers and processing invoices and payments.
- Coordinate and manage delivery of communications services for OPM publications, project reports, etc.
- Implement website changes such as content and data updates, ensuring quality checking and accurate proof-reading.
- Manage OPM subscriptions to journals, online databases.
- Research and reporting activities, such as updating media coverage log, research and updating Communications calendar, and researching media outlets and journalists.
- Supporting creation of Headlines, OPM’s media and events alert newsletter, posting onto social media channels.
- Supporting training and sharing knowledge within Communications team and more widely in OPM
- Note taking, invoices, ad hoc admin and meeting support.
- Maintain standards of communications writing and editorial work and ensure adherence to written style and design guides.
- Keep up-to-date with sector developments and debates through news monitoring, events, seminars, reading relevant reports and articles etc.
Applicants must have-
- Educated to degree level or relevant work experience, with some early experience in communications and marketing.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
- Experience of coordinating processes in a pro-active and timely manner.
- Ability to manage negotiations with good diplomacy skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results and show tenacity to ensure timescales and budgets are adhered to.
- Familiarity or experience in content writing and/or video production beneficial.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to cope with several jobs simultaneously and meet agreed deadlines.
- Team player but with the ability to use own guidance and initiative to priorities work and handle different demands appropriately.
- Previous experience, education or interest in international development, government, policy studies, etc. beneficial.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate copy in accessible English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OPM.