The Johns Hopkins University (Jhpiego) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Development and Special Events Manager at Los Angeles, California US.
The Development and Special Events Manager performs a variety of professional functions to assist the Development Office’s strategy with fundraising and donor cultivation on the West coast.
Jhpiego is an international, nonprofit health organization, working with health experts, governments and community leaders to ensure high-quality health care for their people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
Development and Special Events Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensure a steady stream of new prospects to be cultivated to support Jhpiego’s mission in concert with the Development Office in Baltimore.
- Coordinate and implement the annual Los Angeles Laughter Is the Best Medicine gala dinner and other fundraisers.
- Manage heavy calendar of activities, requiring interaction with Los Angeles Advisory Board members and internal and external stakeholders, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and fundraising events on the West coast.
- Research and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents to maintain clean profiles of our West coast donors in our database; prepare background documents as necessary.
- Provide administrative support for the Development Office as needed and submit expense reports.
- Provide and design budget, financial tracking and invoicing and work with the Development team in Baltimore to ensure timely submission of invoices and expense reports.
- Manage consultants and coordinate contracts for the Development Office.
- Provide word processing and prepare PowerPoint presentations and similar documents to introduce prospects to Jhpiego work worldwide.
- Plan internal meetings including reserving venues for events, preparing meeting agendas and coordinating other logistics.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with international and domestic fundraising events as needed.
- Maintain consistent open communications with the Development Office and its staff and serve as Jhpiego liaison of on the West coast.
Applicants must have-
- 5–10 years of demonstrated progressively responsible management experience in Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations or related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and work with little direction (very Important).
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Knowledge of the fields of Development and Fundraising.
- Ability to design and produce articles for desktop publishing to include multimedia presentations, charts, reports, invitations, announcements, etc.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Experience in information management, communications and dissemination.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in the use of databases/spreadsheets and ease with using technology to create administrative efficiencies; and an interest in staying technically current and mastering new software or university online systems.
- Strong Microsoft applications knowledge (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of marketing, international development or women/gender issues a plus.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit Jhpiego.