The Digital Communications Associate will manage GHC’s social media profile across channels, manage Medium publication, working directly with fellows and alumni to thoughtfully edit and publish their work.
AWID’s mission is to be a driving force within the global community of feminist and women’s rights activists, organizations and movements, strengthening collective voice, influencing and transforming structures of power and decision-making and advancing human rights, gender justice and environmental sustainability worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Digital Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- Collaborate on the implementation of all facets of GHC’s communications strategy as a core member of the communications/advocacy team, but in particular lead on the following components:
- AMPLIFY: daily management of GHC’s pioneer Medium publication, working one-on-one with fellows and alumni on the editing and publication of their posts, developing and managing an editorial calendar and calls for submissions, liaising with the Medium team, and spearheading the next phase of our growth strategy to increase readership, engagement, and visibility.
- Social Media: implementation of social media strategy and daily management of GHC’s Twitter, Face book, and Instagram accounts to ensure global, inclusive, engaging, and powerful content and key interactions with donors, partners, community members, and the broader public.
- Graphics/Design: serve as GHC’s go-to graphics wizard, the protector/ess of GHC’s branding who works to ensure top-notch look/feel of materials and the future of our branding and design.
- Online: manage GHC’s website front-end, working to revamp, streamline, and update web content as needed; work with GHC’s operations team on website back-end needs.
- Recruitment: manage key recruitment communications efforts during the new fellow recruitment period, including the design and dissemination of recruitment materials for fellows and alumni, the design of recruitment graphics, the development and implementation of a recruitment social media plan, and additional recruitment communications tasks as needed.
- Collaborate on building and maintaining internal systems to document the amplitude and impact of GHC’s social media and media clout as well as that of the GHC community.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree required.
- 2-4 years work experience.
- Strong and versatile writer and editor.
- Demonstrated fluency in social media platforms and analytics.
- Impeccable communicator internally and externally, across a range of media.
- Self-directed, proactive problem solver who is comfortable working under time constraints to deliver high-quality work.
- Strong ability to capture and replicate the GHC ‘voice’ across platforms.
- Exceptional drive and passion for work; mission-driven with a positive attitude.
- Commitment to excellence, precision and detail.
- Experience with Word Press, Medium, and WizeHive.
- Experience working cross-culturally Humility, adaptability, empathy.
- Commitment to social justice and passion for global health equity.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AWID.