Deadline: 13 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Website and Social Media Officer in Paris, France. The duration of this post is 9 months.
The Website and Social Media Officer will support the work of partners and initiatives by designing and implementing social media activities, producing website content and managing databases, supporting online campaigns, and maintaining and updating all digital and online assets.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Website and Social Media Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop and implement a digital communications strategy, including social media guidelines, to ensure coordinated, targeted and coherent communication with existing partners, future prospects and external audiences in line with key messaging approved by the Coalition across various initiative and action areas.
- Prepare content and graphics like info graphs for social media and website.
- Advise and coordinate initiative pages, micro-sites and online campaigns with partners.
- Provide partners with brand guidance to protect CCAC brand identity.
- Provide social media strategies to support and strengthen work by partners and initiatives in order to promote CCAC activities and objectives.
- Prepare content and creative inputs to CCAC communication projects, including follow-up with partners and collaborators through planning and execution of integrated multi-channel communication (website, social media, email marketing etc.).
- Manage and produce content for CCAC’s targeted communication using e-newsletters for three distinctive groups: partners, external contacts interested in the CCAC and SLCPs, and media.
- Social media postings (picture and text), interactive materials for website and social media, and other communications materials.
- Carry out the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of new and existing digital platforms, integrated databases and web applications.
- Provide guidance to, and at times supervise, the work of website assistants and interns.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in communication, journalism, information systems, or related field is required.
- A first level university degree in combination with additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum (5) five years of progressively responsible experience in public information, journalism, computer science, information systems or related area is required.
- Experience in website management is required.
- Experience in writing for the web is required.
- Experience in using Drupal content management systems is required.
- A minimum of a year of experience in managing social media platforms in an international organization is required.
- Experience in working with image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop is required.
- Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. French is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.