Deadline: 18 April 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Liaison Officer in Tarawa, Kiribati. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Liaison Officer will formally report to the WBG Portfolio and Operations Manager for Timor-Leste, PNG and Pacific Island in Sydney under the day to day supervision of the Senior Operations Officer for the South Pacific.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Liaison Officer will perform the following functions-
- Assisting the WBG Senior Country Officer and Regional Director SPSO (ADB) in coordinating the implementation of the World Bank Group and ADB programs in the Kiribati in line with WBG and ADB policies respectively.
- Facilitate communication between World Bank Group, the ADB, the Government of Kiribati and its executing agencies, the development partner community and report on donor activities.
- Supporting the Kiribati Government in obtaining appropriate national or regional assistance from the World Bank Group and the ADB in relation to programming, processing, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation activities which support implementation of national development strategies.
- Providing strategic guidance to the WBG Office Sydney and ADB SPSO on the evolving political, institutional and economic realities in Kiribati. This will include reporting on major events such as annual budgets and expenditure review outcomes.
- Providing support to World Bank Group/ADB missions and staff visits through involvement in the preparation, coordination, planning and logistics of visits. Also assist where necessary in briefings, gathering information, reporting and mission/visit follow-up.
- Providing support to World Bank Group/ADB projects and work closely with Task team leaders (TTL) and project staff. This will include engagement with project stakeholders, collection or dissemination of project information and participation in monitoring and review activities.
- Managing and reporting on the operation of the Country Liaison Office in Kiribati, currently comprising the Liaison Officer and an Administrative Assistant.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field, preferably in economics, business administration, development studies, finance or accounting; or equivalent combination of tertiary education and relevant professional experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public finance management, administration, post evaluation, or country programming.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent communication skills in I-Kiribati.
- Experience working in government organizations, fiscal, economic and development aid management agencies, with past involvement in public relations and information dissemination being an advantage.
- A sound understanding of World Bank Instruments Policies and Procedures, including Safeguards, FM and Procurement.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills and ability to work independently.
- Computer skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Pacific culture and institutions in particular Kiribati is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.