Deadline: 12 April 2016
The Chief Education will be responsible for managing and supervising all stages of education programs/projects from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of results on strengthening national education systems to improve learning outcomes.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Education will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical assistance and operational support to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence-based data are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programs and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Keep abreast of national/regional/international development priorities on education to leverage UNICEF position and competencies with donors, national governments, communities and constituents to advocate/promote education initiatives and policies.
- Supervise the development of education programs/projects (as a full component of the CO and/or UNDAF programs). Establish plans of action, program goals and results, using results-based planning methodology and terminology (RBM).
- Guide/coordinate the timely preparation of program recommendation and related documentation for inclusion in the Country Office Program recommendation ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Collaborate with national/global colleagues/partners/allies to develop partnerships framework to address specific needs and to leverage resources for enhancing education programs/projects.
- Ensure synergy, integration, coherence, and harmonization of programs/projects with UNICEF Strategic Plans and priorities, donors’ development strategies/policies, national priorities/competencies and UN System development interventions/initiatives.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- An Advanced University Degree in Education, Economics, Psychology, Sociology or other Social Science field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Experience working in the UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Familiarity with emergency response is an asset.
- Fluency in English required and working knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.