Deadline: 25 March 2016
The Education & Life Skills Programme Manager will be responsible to provide professional and technical advice and expertise to guide Education programming in World Vision Ghana and support all education projects to align to the National Office Strategy.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education & Life Skills Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
- Lead in the development, coordination, implementation, reporting and review of the Education Sector strategy for World Vision Ghana.
- Provide education technical support to programmes and projects through providing targeted training, tools and resources on a regular basis to facilitate timely and quality delivery of programmes.
- Support education sector programs planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes, with development of tools that can facilitate effective implementation and quality of integrated project deliveries.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of cross-cutting themes in all World Vision Ghana Education programmes, in particular the integration of child protection & participation, advocacy, disability and gender.
- Ensure the effective sustainable integration of education in all relevant World Vision Ghana intervention and ministry areas.
- Establish and maintain prominent visibility of World Vision Ghana on all Education platforms in Ghana leading to World Vision Ghana’s potency to advocate on issues relating to Child Well Being.
- Pursue, develop and maintain meaningful and formal partnerships with Government, UN agencies, NGO’s, research institutions and other community stakeholders that will compliment World Vision Ghana Education program.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelors Degree in Education or social sciences.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in managing an education project.
- Master’s degree in Education, or social sciences or related discipline is preferred.
- Working experience in community development.
- Strong project management skills and good understanding of the project life cycle.
- Excellent understanding of Education best practices and life skills approaches in community development.
- Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools and budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.