Deadline: 14 November 2015
UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Training Officer will perform the following functions-
- Design learning material for language classes in Kurdish and be in charge of language class registration.
- Deliver Conversational Kurdish language beginner’s classes once a week (1.5 hours) under supervision of colleagues.
- Collaborate with the training team for Arabic Beginner’s classes in Erbil (1.5 hours/week).
- Prepare feedback questionnaires, reports and statistics on language learning initiatives in Erbil.
- In collaboration with the Training Team members, facilitate ICDL (International Computer Driving License) modules for UN staff after having passed the training of trainer requirements;
- Prepare broadcasts and inform UN Staff on IT skills learning initiatives.
- Take registrations for ICDL training and prepare related feedback questionnaires, reports and statistics.
- Collaborate with Training Section colleagues on promoting a culture of learning and staff development.
- Take charge of keeping the bulletin board updated and broadcasting the monthly training calendar.
- Receive registrations for training room bookings; maintain the monthly Training Room Booking Calendar.
- Collaborate with the staff of the Learning Centre on the maintenance of all learning spaces in the Learning Center:
- Contribute to the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual training reports.
- Provide requested information to walk-in clients and coordination for ongoing programs such as SSAFE training and induction.
- Prepare learning materials for a broad range of the Section’s learning initiative.
- Serve as tandem for UMOJA (SAP system used for HR, travel and financial transactions for UNAMI staff) training coordination and for the Admin Assistant.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applicants must have-
- B.A. in Social Sciences, preferably related to education or relevant academic qualification in Training and Development, Human Resources as well as Capacity Building.
- Experience in providing career support, conducting Training Needs Assessment, preparation of training manuals, conducting Training of Trainers programmes and delivering training to adults is an asset.
- Knowledge of Database Management and software for development of online training;
- Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and Kurdish is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Previous experience in voluntary service is an asset.
- Other skills-
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner, ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work.
- Proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to draft clear and concise reports.
- Ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including national staff), counterparts and local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- Shows pride in his/her work and in achievements, able to demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter, efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Ability to actively seeks to improve programmes or services by offering new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs, promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas, takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks outside the box, takes and interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.