Deadline: 23 March 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Climate Change Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Climate Change Officer performs the following functions-
- Plans and leads components of multi-disciplinary teams, leads and/or participates on Organization-wide, cross Departmental committees, project teams, and working groups and/or provides specialized expertise on technical networks and/or international technical policy and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Develops technical, analytical, monitoring and reporting frameworks, and related methodologies, tools, systems and databases etc. to support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of programmes of work, projects, products and/or services.
- Designs and conducts research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative approaches and strategies, new tools, technologies, technical reports/publications, and/or policy proposals as well as the provision of technical/policy/ specialist/advice and expertise.
- Responds to country requests for technical and policy assistance, provides technical advice, assistance and solutions to Decentralized Offices and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Promotes international cooperation/advocates best practices, increased policy dialogue and provides technical expertise at international/intergovernmental meetings.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in natural resources, agriculture, agro-climatology, disaster risk management or a related field.
- Seven years of relevant experience in sustainable agricultural development and/or climate change and/or disaster risk management related issues for developing countries including a minimum of five years of relevant experience with climate change adaptation and/or disaster risk reduction in agriculture.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience or knowledge of issues related to climate change and agriculture in developing countries and in particular in relation to climate change adaptation, climate services and disaster risk reduction in LDC and SIDS countries.
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in applying UNFCCC and UNISDR policy agendas and related mechanisms in the context of DRR and CCA implementation in the agricultural sectors.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.