Deadline: 15 July 2015
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently accepting applications from the eligible individuals for the post of Intern- Programme Management based in Kenya.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Intern- Programme Management will perform the following functions-
- Assist in developing the programme work and budget.
- Bring new ideas from academic ground, major theories of the political economy and international laws in support to the GE programme.
- Monitor budget/work plans with respect to program implementation and report to supervisor any discrepancy& irregularity.
- Assist for the improvement of the program quality in support based on country needs and international cooperation & international law requirements.
- Assist in the organization and servicing of meetings and workshops including support to post seminar works.
- Compiling statistics and assisting for reportings.
- Solicit financial and progress reports from countries and executing agencies, and check the reports and query discrepancies.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditures and their conformity to the work plans.
- Support in preparation of field and country missions, teleconference meetings and support feedback minutes & reporting.
- Follow-up on payments in favour of the implementing agencies against the signed MOUs.
- Perform other related administrative duties as required, such as operational travel tasks.
- Liaise with other staff members within the Office, human resources, administration, and accounting, staff in missions and headquarters.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Enrollment in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Graduation with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation. Studies in political sciences, policy & law, public administration preferred;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views;
- Fluency in oral and written English and French.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.