Deadline: 1 April 2016
The Fund Raising Manager will provide technical leadership and guidance to regional and country offices for the assigned regions (CEECIS, Middle East and North Africa) in their development of private fundraising and partnership strategies, plans and activities in order to maximize results and resources for children.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Fund Raising Manager will perform the following functions-
- Working with the relevant country office staff, guides the development of private fundraising and partnership priorities, goals, strategies and plans especially during the Country Programme planning process and during the annual PFP planning process); develops effective relationships and networks in assigned regions to support this.
- Provide technical support to country offices for their fundraising and partnership work planning; identifies individual country office needs and opportunities for specialized support, market research and development of new fundraising channels and products; analyses and monitors the results of offices’ fundraising activities through collection and analysis of data to evaluate their effectiveness and to identify opportunities for development.
- Plan, manages and evaluates PFP investments in strategic fundraising areas for country offices and ensures timely and complete reporting by the receiving offices.
- Stimulate and enables the dynamic sharing and exchange of fundraising knowledge (best practice, lessons learnt, materials, ideas etc.) between the country offices in the assigned regions and the rest of the organization; brings global knowledge to the country offices and drive the application of knowledge by those offices; keeps different parts of the PFP division abreast of main developments in those regions.
- Identify risks to achieving agreed goals and guide the country offices in putting in place risk reduction / mitigation measures; provides risk assessments to PFP HQ with regard to the country offices’ proposals for corporate partnerships; monitors the impact of fundraising under-performance on the capacity of country offices to deliver planned activities, and guides offices on the development of contingency plans, and on mitigating the impact of under-performance.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in Fundraising, Marketing, and Communication, Commercial Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- A first level university degree in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in all areas of fundraising, including a minimum of two years in international fundraising.
- Fundraising experience should include fundraising from foundations, major donors and individuals (acquisition and retention of monthly donors).
- Experience in supervising and supporting several countries at the same time would be an asset.
- Training in fundraising would be an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN language (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) and/or the local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.