Deadline: 22 March 2016
The Fund Raising Officer will be responsible for gathering examples of good practice engagement materials from inside and outside UNICEF.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Fund Raising Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that UNICEF is best in class in donor nurturing by collection, crating and disseminating “good practice” on boarding and retention materials from inside and outside UNICEF so that they are easily accessible by National Committees and Country Office fundraisers.
- Leverage data and consolidated learning on attrition patterns, INGO benchmarking and market research to identify opportunities and materials for supporter stewardship.
- Work together with the Pledge team to help identify resources available to fundraisers from National Committees and Country offices and facilitate the sharing of best practice between individual giving practitioners via workshops, social media, and the fundraising intranet and through the creation of best practice manuals.
- Optimize the organizational and cyclical calendar of communication to create more opportunities for donor delight and engagement those results in increasing lifetime value.
- Find opportunities to seed UNICEF communications with messages that support donor legacy fundraising and will lead to the increase of legacy income.
- Be the retention focal point for SupportUNICEF.org, providing evidence, through storytelling, of the efficacy of our donors’ generosity.
- Research, write, re-purpose, collect and occasionally film new (with a camera man) human interest stories that highlight the impact of UNICEF’s work for our supporters.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree in Marketing, Communications, the Humanities, Fundraising, Business Administrations, Social Sciences, International Relations or the equivalent.
- A first level university degree in combination with two (2) years additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience in creating engaging content for fundraising in a charity environment.
- At least part of this experience working in a front line fundraising environment in an advertising or marketing agency or in a front line customer support function.
- Demonstrated ability to write in a simple, warm and conversational tone.
- Proficiency in English.
- Working knowledge of languages spoken in UNICEF NatCom countries would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information please visit UNICEF.