The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is currently inviting applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programs Specialist based in New York.
The Programs Specialist will serve as a strategic thought partner to the Chief Program Officer specifically focusing on: the planning and implementation of the programmatic side of the Center’s new five-year strategic plan; increasing cross-programmatic functionality, impact and effectiveness; and identifying and implementing new programmatic initiatives.
The Center is the premier global legal organization dedicated to advancing women’s reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity. Its mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health and rights as fundamental human rights that all governments around the world are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programs Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work with the Chief Program Officer, the Executive and Management teams, the Board, and the Strategic Planning Committee in supporting the development and management of the programmatic aspects of the strategic planning process;
- Partner with our programmatic V.P.s to help identify cross-programmatic opportunities, new initiatives, and ideas for building upon the effectiveness of individual programs and our cross programmatic work;
- Work on special projects and initiatives including carrying out research, drafting concept documents, and proposing ideas that:
- identify new programmatic initiatives that support the advancement of the Center’s work and the objectives of the strategic plan, as well as increase the Center’s funding opportunities;
- promote programmatic effectiveness;
- help position the Center’s work on reproductive rights in a broader frame; and
- identify opportunities for outreach and new potential external partners;
- Work with the Chief Program Officer and programmatic departments to facilitate and manage coordination and integration of the Center’s programs where needed;
- Assist in the development of new ways of defining and measuring programmatic progress;
- Maintain a current and robust understanding of the Center’s programmatic work, including an in-depth knowledge of our relationships with current and future coalition partners and other external partners;
- Serve as the central point of coordination for assigned strategic projects and long-term scheduling involving the CPO;
- Coordinate with program and/or other departments to ensure that preparatory material comes together in a timely manner with an exceedingly high level of quality and accuracy, including in regards to presentations, talking points, and department work planning, budgeting, and quarterly reporting;
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with internal stakeholders while providing expertise and analysis that will support the achievement of programmatic and operational objectives; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required;
- 7+ years of professional experience, ideally with strategic planning and management experience in a corporate, non-profit and/or public service organization;
- Ability to achieve goals and align interests through cooperation and collaboration with other groups and cross-functional teams, even where no direct reporting relationship exists;
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending policies and procedures;
- Ability to interpret a broad vision and translate it into actionable steps to drive projects forward;
- An effective relationship builder who is able to interact with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders;
- An excellent communicator who can distill complex matters in a simple, structured way to a variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Ability to recognize and act on opportunities;
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills;
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients;
- Experience in some area of human rights, civil rights and liberties, and/or social justice (experience in reproductive rights specifically is not required but is a plus); and
- Strong commitment to the Center’s mission, purpose, and values.
How to Apply
Applications including cover letter, résumé, writing sample and contact information for three references must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit the Center.