Deadline: 4 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Grant Management Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Grant Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare grant awards requests, draft grant agreements and amendments thereof, using the approved templates, ensuring that all agreements and amendments are constructed and issued in line with UNOPS legal and financial rules and regulations.
- Monitor expenditures, and budgets in grant proposals, and verify their consistency with prevailing market rate; assist in discussing/negotiating fee/cost as required;
- Verify reporting requirements are adhered to (including monitoring due dates for project progress status reports and submission by UNOPS of financial utilization reports to the Fund Board), and liaise closely with the Technical Secretariat teams and the supervisor on any delays or other difficulties.
- Review payment requests.
- Communicate with the IPs directly on grant-related and financial matters.
- Resolve routine operational and process problems, and refer complex issues to the supervisor with recommendations for courses of action.
- Assist with the administration and monitoring of all aspects of project with IPs including financial, budgetary and administration.
- Take part with Technical Secretariat colleagues to joint JPF monitoring visits to IP field offices and project field sites.
- Liaise closely with the JPF Finance team.
- Contribute to the coordination and follow up on the audits of Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Highlight risks and delays to the team as appropriate.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A Master’s degree in business administration, development studies, economics, project management, finance, or related field is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of grant management experience is required.
- Additional experience of project administration or project support is a bonus.
- Experience in organizational development or in designing office systems (finance, human resources, procurement & logistics) is a bonus.
- Previous working experience with UN, donors or NGOs is required.
- Strong ICT skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet; good knowledge in the use of Excel spreadsheets is necessary; knowledge of UNOPS ERP systems is a bonus.
- A thorough knowledge of UN rules and procedures in budget or grant management and contracting is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct financial and budget analysis is essential, and an excellent numeracy skill is an asset.
- Fluency in both written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.