The Johns Hopkins University (Jhpiego) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Liberia.
The Chief of Party will work closely the Country Director and DCOP for the overall strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial management of MCSP HRH Liberia.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Oversee, and provide programmatic and technical leadership for, the strategic planning of activities in support of the program goals and objectives, including the determination of program priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Strengthen pre-service education in the project sites.
- Coordinate the work of all team members with their designated counterparts within the local government units, the MOH, USAID, as well as any other key stakeholders in Liberia, to ensure effective technical assistance and the smooth implementation of activities.
- Advise Liberian counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts and partner institutions.
- Provide leadership in the design of interventions ensuring that interventions are technically sound, evidence-based, include high impact practices and are sustainable.
- Represent MCSP HRH in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- In close collaboration with the Country Director, coordinate and monitor all human, financial and material resources of the MCSP HRH program to ensure successful implementation.
- Lead the annual work planning process in close collaboration with USAID, Liberia MOH, CD, Technical Team Leads and other key partners.
- Guide the analysis, synthesis and reporting of MCSP HRH outputs and results in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts in concert with program goals to ensure rapid and sustainable results.
- Oversee the development of training curricula and quality improvement systems related to RMNCH.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in public health ore related field required; MD or RN preferred.
- Medical or Nursing degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience managing large, multi-year international health sector development programs that have implemented successful activities in areas such as pre/in-service education, maternal, newborn and child health, family planning, malaria, health systems strengthening and/or social and behavior change communication.
- 5+ years previous experience working in Liberia or other West African Countries, with intimate understanding of local health system and MNCH gaps and opportunities technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in the following areas: education and training, maternal health, child health, newborn health, family planning, malaria, health systems strengthening and/or social and behavior change communication.
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID programs, regulations, compliance and reporting.
- Excellent program and financial management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Jhpiego.