Deadline: 1 May 2016
OPM is committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Public Health Nutritionist will perform the following functions-
- Develop technical and financial proposals for tenders related to nutrition and food security projects – initially with oversight and support by the senior consultants and later independently.
- Undertake a broad range of technical work on OPM Nutrition Portfolio consultancy assignments.
- Manage projects to a high-level of quality, professionalism and rigor.
- Contribute to the Nutrition Portfolio’s intellectual capital development initiatives including capacity building, publications, and innovation and developing technical resources to be used across the company.
- Foster good relations with clients, including partner government ministries.
- Take a proactive approach to personal and career development by keeping abreast of latest developments within the portfolio and technical areas, and taking opportunities to attend internal and external courses as appropriate.
- Ensure Nutrition Portfolio projects are delivered to maximize OPM’s social (i.e. non-profit) impact objectives.
Applicants must have-
- A post-graduate level of education in a relevant discipline (public health, nutrition, epidemiology, health economics, development economics or other appropriate social science discipline).
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation or evaluation of social science research with a focus on nutrition and food security programmes / policies / interventions.
- Demonstrated policy-focused research record and evidence of publishing original work in the area of nutrition, and engaging research with policy.
- Ability to be both a team player and to use their own initiative to prioritize work and handle various demands appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible and take on new challenges.
- Experience working in developing countries and / or transitional economies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OPM.