The FHI 360 is currently inviting applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer-Prevention & Mitigation based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Research Officer performs the following functions-
- Assist the Senior STO in the development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation interventions. This includes orphans and vulnerable children programming; home based care and other care and support activities at the community level.
- Support the development and implementation of interventions focusing on nutrition, food security, education and skills development; psychosocial/spiritual support and shelter; household economic strengthening, legislative support and child protection.
- Assist in the provision of technical support to build the capacity of local implementing agencies and state counterparts to carry out orphans and vulnerable children and other mitigation activities and create effective linkages with facility based services.
- Support counseling and testing (HCT) services at multiple entry points at the facility and community level and ensuring access to most at risk populations and couples.
- Assist the Senior STO in the development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention and behaviour change intervention among most at risk populations i.e. PLHIV, MARPs to reduce sexual transmission.
- Support the implementation of Abstinence, Be faithful, Condom (ABC) and Other Prevention (OP) activities as well as guide the provision of technical assistance to implementing partners on SBC activities.
- Assist in the development of SBC/ IEC/media materials for the program.
- Collaborate with the lab team on design and strengthening injection and blood safety practices across SIDHAS supported facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years public health experience at the state or community level or in the private health sector.
- MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years public health experience at the state or community level or in the private health sector.
- BS/BA in pharmacy, microbiology, health sciences, monitoring and evaluation, public health or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years public health experience at the state or community level or in the private health sector.
- Demonstrable experience in large and complex SBC/BCC mobilization activities in a donor (USAID, DFID, CIDA, etc.) funded national health-focused project.
- HCT experience and ability to understand full range of issues around HCT.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit FHI 360.