Deadline: 1 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Assistant Human Resources will provide support to HR services, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant Human Resources will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Management of the recruitment process for international/Local contractors for the office and projects.
- Review of incoming requests relating to recruitment, contract extensions, transfers, exchange or loan, and separation of staff, consultants, or contractors, ensuring documentation is complete and in conformity with HR policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of tracking tools to monitor recruitment status and other indicators for management and recruitment purposes.
- Monitoring and tracking of status of requests, initiating follow-up action to ensure selection review submission is timely accurate and contains complete documentation.
- Review of requests for recruitment or amendment of contracts to ensure correct budget allocation, and for separating staff, verification that no financial obligations are due to UNOPS.
- Review of contractors’ qualifications and experience and drafting of Terms of Reference.
- Determination of daily remuneration to be paid in accordance with the established fee schedule.
- Preparation and administration of new contracts and amendments in UNOPS’ systems.
- Preparation and responsible for payroll for regular contracts; as well for the preparation of payments for retainer and lump sum contractors.
- Briefing of personnel regarding entry details and quick action to facilitate their taking up the assignment on a timely basis. Preparation of offer of appointment as well as the salary/fee computation for signature by the supervisor.
- Secure management of personnel records for all office and project personnel;
- Oral and written response to personnel inquiries regarding their conditions of service; drafting of correspondence in relation to the inquiries for signature by designated Officer.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Secondary Education diploma is required.
- Specialized certification in HR is an asset.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 6 years progressive experience in supporting human resources and or administration areas.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the human resources area including recruitment of personnel.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral Spanish and working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.