Deadline: 4 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Human Resources Associate will provide support to HR services at UNOPS ETOH Ethiopia office, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Contribution to the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Implement UNOPS recruitment processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and implementation of a human resources management system in relation to planning, administering and monitoring of all matters related to human resources management concerning national and international staff and other UNOPS personnel.
- Management of the recruitment process for international Consultants for the office.
- Review of incoming requests relating to recruitment, contract extensions, transfers, exchange or loan, and separation of staff, consultants, or contractors, ensuring documentation is complete and in conformity with HR policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of tracking tools to monitor recruitment status and other indicators for management and recruitment purposes.
- Review of Requests for Personnel Action (RPA) forms to ensure correct budget allocation, and for separating staff, verification that no financial obligations are due to UNOPS.
- Review of consultants’ qualifications and experience and assisting in drafting of Terms of Reference; determination of daily remuneration to be paid in accordance with the established fee schedule.
- Management of the CV/HR roster.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years progressive experience in supporting a human resource management area.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.