Deadline: 7 April 2016
United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 11 months.
ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters.
- Prepare special reports and participates and/or leads special human resources project.
- Provide advice on the interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules, and provide advice on exceptions to same.
- Administer and advises on salary and related benefits, travel, and social security entitlements. Determine and recommend benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status.
- Determine and recommends benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status.
- Review policies and procedures and recommend changes as required.
- Review and recommends level of remuneration for consultants. Recruitment and placement:
- Identify upcoming vacancies in coordination with client offices Oversees preparation of vacancy announcements, reviews applications, and provides a short-list to substantive divisions, and UNECA Sub-regional Offices (SROs).
- In coordination with client offices, arranges and conducts interviews to select candidates.
- Review recommendation on the selection of candidate by client offices.
- Serve as ex-officio in appointment and promotion bodies, examinations boards, and prepares and presents cases to these bodies.
- Prepare job offers for successful candidates.
- Monitor and evaluates recruitment and placement related activities of client offices, and recommends changes or corrections related to procedures to these offices.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area.
- Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ECA.