Deadline: 30 March 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Budapest, Hungary. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Human Resources Officer will provide human resources services to SSC clients, high level of customer service and prompt response time, effectively supervises and provides technical guidance to staff, ensuring consistency and accuracy in applying HR rules and regulations and implementing corporate decisions.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer performs the following functions-
- Supervises and provides guidance to staff in the processing of ‘Non-Staff/Consultant’ HR service requests.
- Reviews cases, interprets FAO rules, regulations, policies and procedures and makes determinations within delegated
- Responds to requests from managers and/or non-staff, discusses remuneration and types of contracts, and provides information and options/solutions to resolve specific problems/issues.
- Undertakes special studies/reviews.
- Contributes to changes in HR servicing policies, procedures and tools to improve service delive
- Mentors staff and promotes best practices, continuous learning and capacity development.
- Prepares various reports.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in human resources management, public or business administration or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience in human resources management and administration.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Familiarity with automated human resources management systems.
- Extent and relevance of experience in human resources management and administration preferably in staff servicing.
- Ability to analyze complex HR issues.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese,
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.