Deadline: 31 March 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources/Administration Officer in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Human Resources/Administration Officer will ensure the day-to-day administration and personnel management to support the Programme.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources/Administration Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure Implementation of HR strategies and policies based on UN/UNOPS rules and regulations, policies and procedures by focusing on the following results:
- Analyzing and evaluating requests from managers and staff and recommend solutions where needed in compliance with related UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Monitor and actively participate in the implementation of all HR activities within the programme in compliance with established UNOPS Organizational Directives (ODs), Administrative Instructions (AIs), practices and procedures.
- Provide advice to the Programme Director and Head of Support Services on HR-related matters in line with established rules and regulations.
- Maintaining HR & Administration policies and supporting staff in their interpretation.
- Ensure Recruitment, management and administration of personnel by focusing on the following results:
- Setting effective internal control measures for administering and facilitating FTA/ IICA/LICAs staff contracts in compliance with the UN rules and regulations to fully support the programme with all HR related matters.
- Responsible for personnel planning, recruiting & separation, personnel contracts management, developing & administering personnel budgeting.
- Responsible for personnel entitlements management such as salaries and allowances, , leaves, benefits and entitlements, document reproduction and filling.
- Insure proper performance management process through overview the performance appraisals process, arrangement of required training and development plans for project’s personnel.
- Ensure appropriate use of the oneUNOPS system for processes such as payroll management, recruitment and contract management, vendor payment.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Masters’ degree in Human resources, administration, public administration or any related field with 5 years of progressively responsible experience in management or administration of human resources activities, processes and services.
- A bachelor degree might be accepted, with minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in above mentioned fields.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in management or administration of human resources activities, processes & services.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience in handling web-based management systems, such as ERP systems is highly desired.
- Experience in a conflict/post-conflict environment is highly advantageous.
- Working experience with UN is an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS/UN Rules & regulations is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.