Deadline: 1 April 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Manager, Human Resources in United States.
The Manager, Human Resources will be responsible for ensuring that AKF US has the appropriate level of human resources (in terms of capability, quality and experience) to deliver its strategic objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Manager, Human Resources will perform the following functions-
- Support the CEO in developing a learning culture through sharing of best practices and successes between different parts of the organization.
- Support the annual work planning process, ensuring that all workplans are of a high standard and are reviewed by line managers.
- Working with the CEO, drive change management programs to achieve the desired behavior, performance and culture change objectives required to ensure the success of the organization.
- Support the CEO in conducting a semi-annual orientation of all staff, covering AKF USA’s mission, vision and values.
- Annually review AKF USA job descriptions to ensure that they are clearly aligned to the organization structure and ensure job clarification is carried out in a timely manner to enhance capacity utilization.
- When needed, manage the recruitment process to ensure recruitment of candidates with the right skills, experience and values to achieve AKF USA’s objectives.
- Liaise with HR partners/consultants to ensure vacancies are properly advertised and recruitment processes are followed to fruition. Directly and actively participate in screening job applications and conducting interviews.
- Support the selection process, directly and actively participating in screening job applications, conducting interviews, reference and background checking.
Applicants must have-
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in HR Management or relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- A professional HR qualification, such as a post graduate diploma in HR Management.
- Membership of a professional HR Management body.
- A minimum of five years as an HR professional, with at least two years in a senior role.
- Practical experience in developing HR strategies for talent management, to attract and retain high caliber professionals, foster skills development and facilitate succession planning.
- Experience of working with international staff and regulations on work permits etc.
- Experience in developing HR policies, practices, procedures and processes.
- Experience in the management of staff from different nationalities and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Experience of using systems thinking approaches in a multidisciplinary organization.
- Experience of working within an organization that relies on volunteers for its success.
- Experience in designing and delivering training sessions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.